Monday, June 23, 2014

Another week gone by!

Hola, Familia!
 
Wow! It is so crazy that another week has gone by! I´ll be home before we know it! Anyway! Every week gets better and better, I think my Spanish is almost perfect. I only need people to repeat what they say 3 times now instead of 5. That´s a big step for me guys. I think you would be impressed with my Spanish skills. My teaching skills are getting better everyday and I have the best companion ever. 
 
Seriously, Hermana Mora is fantastic and she thinks I´m hilarious. (Surprising right?) Every thing I do and say makes her laugh, which is fantastic because then I don´t think about how horrible my Spanish is! But this week she did two funny things. We were walking down the street and she said, Oh I need to buy a sobre. And I was like, what is a sobre? And she was like como un sobre grande, un sobre pequeno. And I just looked at her and I was like ok, but what is a sobre and she just started laughing and we had to stop walking because she couldn´t breath. We probably looked like a bunch of weirdos but turns out a sobre is an envelope! Sorry if that was a lame story but I thought it was funny!
 
The other story is more funny, I hope. So we were at lunch at a members house and we were talking about things we are scared of and jokingly I said that I was scared that Hermana Mora would kill me in my sleep and then we talked about that for a little bit. Anyway, that night I wake up at 2:15 and Hermana Mora is standing beside my bed and I almost peed my pants and I was like, What are you doing? And she was like what time is it? and I told her and she just started laughing and then laid back in bed and I was too tired to even question her more but in the morning I was like, what were you doing beside my bed at 2:15 in the morning? And she started laughing again and apparently she thought she heard my alarm go off and she was getting ready for companion prayer. She is such a weirdo sometimes... But I was seriously scared for my life. I thought I was going to die. But I was okay with it because if I die on my mission I´m automatically going to the celestial kingdom. Right, Dad? :) Anyway those are my two funny stories, hope you enjoyed them!
 
I love personal study in the mornings! I have started reading Jesus the Christ and it is such a powerful book! I have this overwhelming love for my Savior and I feel His love every morning as I learn more and more about Him. He is my strength to continue on. As I learn more and more about the Atonement and as I watch the Atonement and this gospel change people´s lives my testimony gets deeper and deeper. I love talking about my Savior and this gospel every day and every moment of my life. I don´t understand why people don´t want this joy and light in their lives! Keeping the commandments and being obedient are easy when you truly understand the Why! 
 
I love the members of my ward! I have become best friends with all the young women and young men! I´m making sure they all serve missions! I bought a English CTR ring for a girl in my ward named Scarlett and also I bought a Spanish one for me! I love it! She was so excited when I told her I would get her a CTR ring. Every time she sees me she makes sure I´m wearing mine! She is about to turn in her mission papers! Crazy!
 
But The Mundial (World Cup) is going on right now so that´s all anyone talks about! I had to learn really quick the terms of futbol in order to be part of the conversation but Hermana Mora and I have a competition going on for which country is going to go the furthest, US or Ecuador. Right now US has one more point than Ecuador, so hopefully I win ;) 
 
But we also have a goal to learn 35 new words every week, me in Spanish and her in English. And if we don´t learn 35 words we have to pay the other person 50 pesos. I am memorizing like crazy because I don´t want to loose! But she thinks this will get us to learn the languages faster! Hopefully it works!
 
Also, she thinks after my 12 weeks with her that I´m going to train a new missionary and I believe her because everything she says comes true. I don´t know how she does it but it is incredible. So I´m working my hardest to learn everything I can so that I can be the best trainer ever.
 
I love you guys and I hope life is good! I hope you´re receiving as many blessings as I am! I miss you tons :)
 
Love,
Hermana Huff

No comments:

Post a Comment