Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My New Companion!

Hola Familia!!
 
So last night we got a call from our district leaders and they told us that Hermana Mora was transferring to San Luis. And of course we laughed about it because the Elders always joke around with us about cambios and cambios especiales (transfers and special transfers.) Anyway, we didn´t believe them until the zone leaders called us and were like yeah Hermanas you have cambios tomorrow. As you can imagine we cried a lot last night and this morning as I said good bye to her. I don't know why they changed us already, usually they have the same trainer for all 12 weeks but then I remembered that Heavenly Father knows me really well and knows that I hate change and want´s me to grow as much as I can on my mission, so of course, I´m going to have cambios. At least I´m staying in my area! But I have to navigate around now which is stressful because I still don´t know the area really well. But I can do it! And I already LOVE my companion. She is really happy, loves to laugh, and have a good time. Just like me! Her name is Hermana Morinigo she is from Paraguay and doesn´t speak a lot of English! Yes!
 
This week was a little rough with Hermana Mora though. I read all your letters last week about obedience and how it brings miracles and so I tried my hardest every day to be exactly obedient and it seemed to have the opposite effect than I wanted. We had two investigators drop us which was really sad because we had a lot of hope for them! And my relationship with Hermana Mora kind of decreased as she because more and more frustrated that we weren´t having as much success. I was pretty discouraged one day and then I reread mom´s letter and it talked about gratitude and I started thanking Heavenly Father for these challenges and I started to see miracles. Little miracles but still miracles. :)
 
We met an Hermana named Tete and she is golden! She is so happy all the time and is really interested and wants to learn more about the Book of Mormon and the Bible. We had our first lesson with her on Saturday and she is so excited to come to church with us next Sunday and to have our next lesson. She was one miracle this week.
 
Another miracle is that I got your package! We have a Zone conference every cambio and that´s when we get our packages and letters. So every six weeks I get stuff. It´s a long time to wait but oh well, I guess those are the rules! I loved all the stuff in the package! There is stuff in there that I didn´t think I needed but I realized when I opened the package that I really do need it! So thank you so much! 
 
Dad, I love every letter that you send. I love all the scriptures and inspirational stuff you put in every letter. Also, you said something in the last letter that was almost an exact quote of my patriarchal blessing that I used a lot this week. I don´t think it´s a scripture but maybe. You said I have the power to call down blessings from heaven for me and those around me. I had forgotten that part of my patriarchal blessing but as I called down blessings for each of my investigators this week I could feel the power I had as a representative of Jesus Christ and I watch little miracles happen every day in the lives of our investigators. So thank you for that :)
 
But guys, I finished my first six weeks in the mission field! Time flew by! It feels like I´ve only been here for 1 week! But my Spanish is getting really good! All my investigators tell me my Spanish is perfect which is a huge lie but I really can see a change from my first week until now. The gift of tongues is real! Heavenly Father really loves me a lot :) 
 
The saying really is true that time flies when you´re having fun and when you´re working hard! 
I´m so excited to get to know my new companion more and to take on the challenge of being the senior companion of the area even though she is training me. We will learn together and grow together :) I love the Lord and I love my mission. I love you guys and I pray for each of you! 
 
Love,
Hermana Huff


Goodbye Hermana Mora


 

No comments:

Post a Comment