Monday, July 14, 2014

Oh, the Blessings of Missionary Work!

Dearest Familia,

Remember that one time when I told you guys how much I loved Hermana Mora? Yeah... times that by 100 and that´s how much I love Hermana Morinigo!! She is seriously fantastic! We´re pretty much the same person, maybe that´s why I love her so much... I have seriously learned more from her in these 7 days then I did in my first six weeks training. She is incredible.

We had a lot of success this week. We street contacted double the amount of people this week than I had ever contacted before and we actually teach with unity and the spirit is so strong in all of our lessons. I loved this week! She is always happy and always smiling which is probably the reason that I like her so much!

The weather here is sooo perfect! It´s like 20-30 degrees Celsius everyday and i´m not sure what that is in Fahrenheit but you all can figure it out (68 to 86 degree F)! It rains almost every day and in the mornings and evenings I´m actually cold. It´s weird to think that it´s July and I´m cold but I´m glad it´s not 120 degrees :)

Our barrio (Ward) is really small compared to the home Ward but the members are all so great! We have probably about 50 members that come every Sunday and our chapel doesn´t have benches so we sit in chairs, but at least we have chairs, right? The members are always willing to come with us to lessons and to hermanar (I can´t remember the Word in english... sorry) our investigators!

Tuesday Hermana Morinigo and I got lost because I thought I knew where I was going but apparently not! I still don´t know the area very well and our map is horrible so I got us lost so we wandered around contacting people as we tried to figure out where we were and where we were going. Super embarrassing, but eventually we made it to our appointment and had a ton of contacts that day. She always tells me that I´m the best trainer she´s ever had! Even though she´s training me how to be a good missionary, I´m training her with the area. Maybe this is Heavenly Father training me to be a trainer. I sure hope not!

We always sing songs in between each appointment. This is how all of our conversations go.

Hermana Morinigo: "Con quien vamos?" (Who are we going to?)
Yo: Francisca, yo creo. (Francisca, I think.)
H.M.: Vamos a ensenar profetas, si? (We will teach prophets, yes)
Yo: Si. (yes)

And then she starts singing a song about how we are going to teach Francisca about prophets but she only sings one line and then waits for me to sing another line and by the time we get to the persons house we have sung our whole lesson plan. How cute right? At least we are really prepared for each lesson :)

I love how much fun we have and how much I grow every day with her. I have learned how to enjoy every day and I hope that I stay with her for the rest of my misión! I know that´s not possible but I still pray for it every night :)

In sacrament meeting yesterday an hermana gave a talk and she said that we aren´t alone in this life, we have a guide. The Book of Mormon. I loved this. I have felt the Book of Mormon guide my life every day for the past 3 months and I have realized how much I rely on my personal study every day. I have truly found so much comfort, guidance, love, and knowledge while I read the Book of Mormon. En verdad (Verily) we have an incredible gift in our hands and we can feel our Savior´s and Heavenly Father´s love every sing time we read it. I love the Book of Mormon and I love this gospel. I love my Savior with all my heart and I try every day to make Him proud. I love you all and I look forward to reading your letters later. Thank you for all the support, love and prayers.

Love,
Hermana Huff


Hermana Morinigo!




These are our Hermana lideres. Hermana Duverge y Anderson




One of the members gave us balloons and so I wrote Hermana Huff ama Hermana Morinigo on mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment