Monday, July 28, 2014

I can't think of a clever subject line ...

Well, I´m definitely getting trained, but it is in a completely different way than normal missionaries. So Monday we went to the doctor for Hermana Morinigo and turns out Hermana Morinigo needed a week of rest for her foot. So this week was a little strange but really good for my confidence in my teaching and my espanol.
 
Hermana Morinigo obviously couldn´t walk which means she couldn´t leave to do lessons, and I thought that meant I couldn´t leave to do lessons, but boy was I wrong. Tuesday and Wednesday I left to teach lessons with the hermanas in our ward. Between the two days I had 7 new companions. It sure was a party. Hermana Morinigo stayed in the house of a member and I was left all alone to fend for myself during the lessons. I was SUPER nervous but turns out I can teach people all by myself! Who would have thought?! 
 
So pretty much I was training myself this week, well actually Heavenly Father was training me, but still. I truly believe that Heavenly Father sent us this trial so that I could gain more confidence in my teaching and in myself because I was having a problem with my confidence these past few weeks. I´m so grateful for this opportunity I had to teach alone and not have anyone else to rely on. 
 
But by the end of the two days I was missing Hermana Morinigo a lot! She was able to walk by Friday so we started little by little, each day walking a little more but anytime she felt pain or started to get really tired we headed back to the house because we didn´t want to push her and end up making her injury worse. So needless to say we were in the house more than normal, but I have been able to serve my companion, so I didn´t feel bad about being in the house.
 
She, on the other hand, was pretty discouraged this week because she felt horrible that I am being trained like this and that we can´t work as hard as before, but I assured her that this is the best training I could get, and I am so grateful that I have this opportunity to serve her because then I forget about myself and my problems. 
 
I always call her my baby because I take care of her so much right now. Every morning I make her breakfast (Yeah, I actually make breakfast, and we haven´t died yet, it´s a miracle right?) and then I heat up water so she can put her foot in the water, and apparently that takes away the swelling and the pain, and then I do everything else she needs. I don´t have any time to think about myself it´s the most fantastic thing ever! 
 
This week we have our first baptism!!!! Oh I am so excited!! We have definitely seen SOOO many miracles this week! Paloma is getting baptized on Saturday. She is so fantastic and so excited. We had a really cool experience with her this week. We taught her the word of wisdom and when we talked about not drinking coffee she got kind of upset because apparently she drinks coffee every morning and she loves it.
 
She agreed to try to not drink coffee the next day but we left really worried because if she has a problem with the Word of Wisdom we would have to postpone her baptism another week, and we didn´t want to do that! Anyway, we prayed so hard that night for her to receive strength to quit drinking coffee and to help her find a way to motivate herself to not drink it. The next day we went to visit her and we were super worried to ask her if she drank coffee but we finally did and SHE DIDN¨T DRINK HER COFFEE THAT MORNING!! She said that she woke up earlier to go running while everyone else made the coffee and she made sure that she ran long enough that by the time she got home there was no more coffee. How great is she?? Next week I´ll send pictures of her baptism :) 
 
Oh I also saw another miracle this week with the food. We eat with the Elders everyday at a members house and the members always ask us what we want to eat, and this week it was Elder Chavez´s turn to pick what we ate and guess what he chose ... Sushi. When I saw that we were eating sushi I looked at the Elders and they both started laughing cuz they knew I hate sushi.
 
They gave us 14 rolls each. FOURTEEN! I only almost threw up twice and I every time I put a roll in my mouth I said a little prayer and apparently my face was hilarious cuz the Elders could not stop laughing. But I ate all 14 of those sushi rolls. I was so proud of myself! 
 
Another interesting thing we ate this week was nopal which is cactus. It was actually pretty good! They take the cactus piece and make it kind of like a pita pocket and then stuff it with bacon and ham and cheese. I don´t know why we don´t do that in Arizona ... We have so many cacti it´s like free food. 
 
Well I love you all and I am so grateful that I´m out here even though it is hard! I just hope I can help people find the joy and light of the gospel! 
 
Love,
Hermana Huff

One year for Hermana Morinigo!!


THursday she completed one year in the mission! Apparently no one burns anything for completing a year but I made her pick a shirt to burn. She was really sad but after she felt good about it! I was glad to start this tradition with her :)

Yeah, not for me. For Hermana Morinigo!

14 sushi rolls??

Before and after of my sushi experience!


We take a ton of taxis right now cuz Hermana Morinigo can´t walk...


I made that food!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment