Monday, August 4, 2014

Bautismo de Paloma!!

Oh what a great week!!

We saw so many miracles dealing with Paloma´s baptism this week! So we were able to get Paloma´s mom to sign the papers for her baptism on Tuesday and we were beyond happy, but then on Thursday ( the day before her interview) Paloma told us that her mom said she couldn´t get baptized because they got in an argument. WHAT??

We were so distressed about what to do, but we taught Paloma about repentance again and she said she would ask forgiveness from her mom and ask if she could get baptized again. Anyway, we called her on Friday and she said her mom still hadn´t given her permission, so we went to talk to her mom. Her mom was super nice and as she saw us talking to Paloma and trying to get her to apologize, the heart of her mom was softened and she let Paloma go to the interview! Woo Hoo! Paloma passed the interview with flying colors and after was so excited for her baptism! 
 
The next day, Saturday, Hermana Morinigo and I went to the chapel to clean and fill the font. It took two hours but we entertained ourselves by singing our lessons to each other. I´m getting really good at making up songs about the prophets and Joseph Smith. I think I´m going to record a cd when I get home. :) Anyway, we went to get Paloma after the comida (meal) and she was so excited.
 
She would have run to the church if Hermana Moringio could walk faster. We were so happy, and she had us take a ton of pictures of her in her baptismal dress. One Hermano asked her if she was nervous and she said, YES! And when he asked why, she said, "because it's my first time getting baptized!" We laughed a lot at that and then afterward made sure she knew that this was going to be the only time she was baptized too. 
 
The elders and nosotras (us) sang "Cuando me bautice" (When I am Baptized) for a special musical number and she teared up. It was so precious :) After she got baptized she couldn´t stop smiling and kept telling us how good she felt and how much she liked it. Seriously, it was the best day of my mission so far! To see someone that I taught enter into such a special covenant with Heavenly Father is so special! 
 
Hermana Morinigo is using a cane right now to help her walk. Poor girl looks like a grandma but the youngest and cutest grandma I´ve ever seen :) We went to the doctor because her foot had swollen up again and was hurting and he said she needs to rest again so this week she is going to stay in the house of familia Echeverria and I´m going back out with the members! Woo hoo! More training!
 
I guess Heavenly Father really wants me to learn to not rely on anyone else but Him. I´m really grateful for the experience though :)
 
One day this week we were crossing the street and Herman Morinigo has to go slow cuz her foot hurts and she thought she was being funny and she just stops in the middle of the street with cars coming and says, "I think I need to take a break." I practically carried her out of the street and told her she wasn´t funny. But in reality it was pretty funny and she laughed a lot while my heart calmed down and then I started to laugh with her. She´ll be the death of me, in the best way possible :)
 
This week I learned something very traumatic. I´M NOT READY TO GET MARRIED! Who would have thought! We were at a member's house and I offered to cut the tomatoes and onions and she told me that we´re going to see if I´m ready to get married or not by the way I cut them. I was super nervous and I tried to cut them super thin but I failed miserably. Well, atleast I have 15 more months to learn how to cut tomatoes and onions right! I´ve been practicing all week and I´m going to be so prepared for married by the end of my mission :)
 
Also this week I ate a chicken foot. It was very interesting but it looked like a baby´s hand. I had to be very careful not to eat the bones but the meat tasted like chicken. But I had to close my eyes as I ate it because it didn´t want to imagine eating a baby hand. That was my experience for the week :)
 
All this week we studied about how we can recognize the spirit more and use the spirit more in our lessons and yesterday we had an incredible experience with an investigator named Sandra. We taught her about the Spirit and it was the first time I felt the spirit super strong in one of my lessons and I felt the guide of the spirit to help her learn to recognize how she recieved her answer. She could feel the sprirt too and she was super interested in our lesson. I was so grateful for this experience and I can´t wait to have more and more experiences like this one. 
 
Well Family! I love you guys a lot! I´m doing better with my Spanish and my confidence in my lessons has improved. I´m like a whole new person! I have never been so happy as I am right now :)
I LOVE YOU ALL!
 
Love,
Hermana Huff

This is Dana! My mexican version of Summer!
 
Happy Birthday Shelly! I love you!:)
 

Because Hermana Morinigo can´t carry anything I carry everything!
 

It´s so fun to serve her :)
 
 
 
 
Paloma!!
 
And her Aunt Bertha
 
Paloma and Shayla
 

My Chicken Foot!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment