Monday, August 18, 2014

Four months baby!!

Hola,
 
Well, I had a bunch of spiritual experiences this week that I am so grateful for! The first experience was Martes (Tuesday) during my hour of training with Hermana Morinigo. That day I was having a rough time and I was being really hard on myself and wondering why I´m out here. I had prayed that morning and begged my Heavenly Father to either give me a desire to stay on the mission or a reason so that I could go home. He definitely answered my prayers! We watched a video of The District and as  I watched the experiences of these missionaries I was gradually comforted but then one of the Elders said, “any person who is worthy to serve a mission and chooses not to go is making the worst mistake of their lives.” When I heard that I just started crying because the spirit testified so strong to me that I am supposed to be on a mission. I was able to think back on all the progress I have made in these four months and all the people I have met, how much my testimony has grown, and how much I love the people I´m teaching. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father answers our prayers and even though in that moment I wanted a reason to go home .I am so thankful that I am still out here kicking Satan´s trash J
 
Another spiritual experience that I had this week was with one of our investigators named Sandra. She is so special to Hermana Morinigo and I. She is our golden investigator right now and on Saturday we went to visit her and we were supposed to teach about profetas pero (prophets, but) we felt that we needed to talk about baptism with her so as we talked about how wonderful baptism is and all the blessings we get from this convenio (covenant.) I invited her to be baptized, but I felt impressed to let her pick the date that she wanted to get baptized, but to give her three dates in September. When I invited her to get baptized and gave her the option of the three dates she started crying and said that during our lesson she kept thinking of September and she didn´t know why until I gave her the three dates in September. Needless to say she wants to be baptized and she agreed to pray about which date in September is her baptismal date. I was so happy that I was able to follow the spirit. Can you imagine what would have happened if I had just picked a date for her? Maybe she wouldn´t have had that experience that she needed in order to have a desire to get baptized! Wow!
 
Well we saw a huge miracle this week too! We have been trying to get one of our investigators Johanna to actually do the commitments that she promises to do! Like go to church or read from the Book of Mormon between visits! She is really receptive during our visits and always says she is going to read and go to church but she never does. We were getting pretty frustrated because she always says she wants to get baptized and change her life but she isn´t do the things that she needs to! Finally during one of our lessons she was talking about her baptism and I was like Johanna, you can´t get baptized unless you read and go to church! (I used more loving words but I was pretty direct). I talked about how much we love her and how much my love for her has grown  over these past 3 months and that we weren´t leaving her chapters just to leave her chapters. We were leaving them so that she can better her life and learn the things she needs to do to get baptized. We left her with 4 verses to read and I promised her that if she read these 4 verses she would have clients in her hair salon because she doesn´t have very many clients. She agreed to read. 
 
The next day we passed by and the first thing she said to us was, "Hermana I read!" Oh I almost had a heart attack and then I just wanted to hug her and cry all at the same time but I thought she would think that was weird so I just said, "Yeah, that´s cool." JUST KIDDING! I was so happy! I really did hug her, but I didn´t cry! She had two clients in her salon at that point and she talked about how reading really brought clients. We talked a little bit about the power of the Book of Mormon and then we left. We passed by at night and she was sitting in her chair and looked like she was about to die. She told us that she had tons of work that day and she was so tired. We asked her why she wasn´t reading in her down time and she said she doesn´t want any more clients cuz she was tired. I´m so grateful that Heavenly Father gave her that experience to increase her testimony of the Book of Mormon. He works in weird ways but I know he always answers our prayers.
 
I finished my 12 weeks of training yesterday and now I´m officially a real missionary :) To celebrate we had a district meeting in English which was super interesting and ate cake and I taught everyone how to play chubby bunny! Unfortunately Elder Montes de Oca can fit 14 grapes in his mouth and still say chubby bunny and I can only fit 12 so I didn´t win but it was a great bonding experience for the district!
 
Hermana Morinigo had a dream that we were going to have cambios (transfers) this week and we had made a pact that we would eat a chili if we had cambios. I have no idea what we were thinking but we decided to trust her dream and eat the chilis on Saturday. We went to the Munoz´s house and they gave us each two chilis de arbol which are apparently one of the hottest chilis. I wasn´t too worried about it, but Hermana Morinigo was about to cry, but like a good companion I forced the chili into her mouth and we suffered together.
 
At first nothing happened and then I swallowed and it was like Satan was in my mouth. Hermana Morinigo was crying and I was breathing really hard and we ate tons of salt which was supposed to help but didn´t really do anything. We looked like a bad Mexican soap opera. And then after we thought it was a really good idea to eat habanero peppers.. The members told us that they had a pepper that was hotter and we were already suffering so we agreed to eat a habanero which was another bad idea! Luckily it was not as hot as the first chilis but still it was pretty bad. But we survived :) But it was a good experience until after when my stomach started hurting... I wasn´t too happy at that point but one of our investigators gave me some stuff to take away the pain, here they call it drogas but I don´t know what it is in English... Just kidding! She gave me jello :) Turns out we didn´t have cambios so we ate the chilis for nothing! I decided to never trust her dreams ever again. 
 
Anyway family, I´m with Hermana Morinigo for another 6 weeks and we´re still in the same area! We committed ourselves to working harder and longer this cambio and we´re going to see tons of baptisms! I love you all and I love this gospel. More and more ever day :)
 
Love,
Hermana Huff
4 months!!!

Chubby Bunny:)


This is called Elote or something like that and it´s corn and mayonaise and chili and cheese. It looks gross but it tastes so good!


We like to ride bicicletas

The chilis de arbol

I made pancakes:)

I ate crickets!!!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment