Monday, September 1, 2014

September Already??

Dear Family,
 
I can´t believe that it´s September already! Pretty soon you´re going to be planning my welcome home party ;) Well, not really. This week was pretty great! We taught bunches of lessons and met a ton of people and walked a ton. All in all it was a pretty typical week for a missionary. 
 
Lunes (Monday): We actually washed our clothes in a washing machine! Oh it was incredible. One of our investigators found out that we don´t have a washing machine and we wash all our clothes by hand and so she invited us to wash our clothes at her house and eat with her too. We were so happy. 
 
Martes: Hermana Morinigo and I taught the lesson in our district meeting about the importance of receiving revelation at church. It went pretty well and Hermana Morinigo said I am definitely going to be an hermana leader because my part of the lesson was really good. I told her to stop and that I didn´t want to be hermana leader. Which means I´m probably more likely to be one... We found that the Elders were getting another companion and that they were going to train. So now they are in a trio and training a North American! Oh it´s so nice not being the newest missionary! But I do feel bad for him cuz he doesn´t understand much and I don´t like being around him very much cuz it brings back the bad memories of my first few weeks in Mexico. But it´s fun to translate all the jokes and stories for him when we eat the comida (food) together.
 
Miercoles: Miercoles was a pretty normal day I think, I can´t really remember everything that happened this week but I can tell you that we did something missionary like this day.
 
Jueves: Oh we ate with the Echeverria Family and they are so wonderful. They are a youngerish couple in the ward and they have 3 kids and one of their kids, Santiago, is in love with Hermana Morinigo and I and every time we go over there he gives us each a huge hug! He has the cutest little voice and I just want to take him everywhere with us. We ate pasta and rice and Hermana Echeverria put peas and other veggies in the rice that Santi didn´t like so every time he found a pea or a pepper he would say, "Hermana Huff, another one!" and then he would put it in my hand and I would eat it. I spoil him too much but I can´t help myself. Oh mom you are going to be so proud of me! Or you might have a heart attack... We´ll find out. I literally love Zucchini... I don´t know what happened to me but Heavenly Father has blessed me a ton when it comes to food on my mission. Ever since the first day I have enjoyed tomatoes and zucchini and every single thing I have eaten. I see it as a miracle!
 
Viernes: This day was literally the most stressful day of my mission so far, and we barely did any missionary work! We had our missionary activity Friday night and so all Friday morning we were working to get everything ready and to make the food and stuff like that and I was super stressed because the mentality and schedule of Mexico is so different than I´m used to. We had to rush to help make the food because one of our investigators Silvia helped us and she had to rush because she had to go to work and so that was the first thing that stressed me out and then the hermana that was supposed to feed us didn´t know it was her turn so she quickly made us food which made us late for getting to the chapel to decorate and set up the activity. But that didn´t matter because the Elders were late too and they had the keys to open the chapel. We ended up getting into the chapel at 4:30 and the activity was supposed to start at 6.. The activity started at 7 because Mexico has their own time schedule and so FINALLY we started the activity and it went great!! We did a game night where we had 4 spiritual games and 4 worldly games and the members had an hour to do the activities and there were changes every 10 minutes and they could decide whether to stay in that activity or go to a different activity. At the very end they presented their cards which told what activities they participated in and they were judged according to their choices. It was so funny to watch their faces as Elder Chavez announced which reino de gloria (kingdom of glory) they ended up in. Surprisingly there were a ton in the celestial kingdom! I was so proud :) But the activity ended at like 9:30 and we didn´t get back to our house until a little after 10... Long story short. I had a stressful day but in the end it was worth all the stress :)
 
Sabado: We did some more missionary work and met more people!
 
Domingo: They call it dia de reposo (day of rest) but I don´t feel like I rest at all on Domingos. We are running around the chapel making sure everyone has someone to sit with and waiting for our investigators to show up and then after church it´s just like every other day. But Sandra came to church again which was so nice and we had our ward conference and we got to sing in the choir. It was so fun to sing again :) I realized that I love this ward so much. All the people are so nice and I have grown to love them a ton! When I first got here I thought that I would never learn to love anyone because I couldn´t understand them but I definitely have some feelzies for this ward. All the youth are so great and it´s so fun to be able to talk to them and help them realize they have strong testimonies and all the hermanas are so sweet and the hermanos are hilarious! It´s amazing to me that I can actually understand all the jokes that people tell me. 
 
I am still loving my area and all the people I´m meeting and I still love my companion which is a miracle because I see her every single day all day. Heavenly Father really does bless me tons! I miss you family and I love you all! Hope you have a great week and I´ll talk to you in a week :)
 
Love,
Hermana Huff
 

Hermana Morinigo makes me food in the morning and leaves nice little notes for me :)




We were twins today because we sang in the choir :)

I made a tortilla!


It was Elder Chavez´s birthday yesterday

 

No comments:

Post a Comment