Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I made it! (Sarah's first e-mail from Mexico)

Hola Familia!

So, I made it to Aguascalientes and I met my new companion yesterday. Her name is Hermana Mora. She is from Ecuador and she only speaks Spanish so looks like I´ll be learning Spanish super fast! Mexico is SUPER different than America but it is super fun here already! I teach my first lessons tonight so I´ll tell you how those go on my next Pday. I only have a couple minutes to write but I love you and I´m safe ... well as safe as you can be in Mexico :)

I already had my first street contact and all because of my eyes, and I also ran into something on the street and then this guy started talking to us and trying to speak English. It was super fun and everyone seems so nice here! I got in at 2:30 pm yesterday and met the Mission President and his wife. They only speak Spanish which was super frustrating at first and super overwhelming but I´m adjusting and I´m going to know Spanish in 2 months! Well, hopefully! I´m so glad that I got to talk to you guys yesterday, thanks for waking up so early!

Our apartment is SUPER small and we have 4 hermanas that are sharing it. But I felt a lot better about it after I got all my clothes out of my suitcase and once I got to sleep. This morning we woke up at 6am so that we could do excercises and those helped a lot with the stress also! But seriously my companion is fantastic and she is so helpful and she is trying to learn a little bit of English. She is very patient with me and helps me correct my mistakes. I´m so glad that I got a Spanish speaking companion because I have barely said a word in English! Sometimes it´s frustrating but I know it is a gift from Heavenly Father so I can get more comfortable with Spanish!

My companion told me that she had inspiration about me before I was her companion. She was walking down the street and she heard a voice that said she was going to train Hermana Huff and she was like What? and then she saw my name on the bulletin and then when she saw my name she was super excited because she wanted a North American because she likes helping people. Ella es lo mejor! (She is the best!)

I can´t believe I´m actually here. It felt like this day would never come! I´m going to make the best of it :) I love you all!

Love,

Hermana Huff

Meet Sarah's Mission President and his lovely wife ....
Ernestina and Juan Villarreal
Juan Manuel Villarreal Moran, 54, and Luz Ernestina Garza Lizardi de Villarreal, six children, Aeropuerto Ward, San Luis Rio Colorado Mexico Stake. Brother Villarreal is a counselor in the Mexico Tijuana Mission and former counselor in a stake presidency, high councilor, district president, branch president and counselor in a branch presidency. Customs agent, Mexico Federal Government. Born in San Luis Rio Colorado, Sonora, Mexico, to Gamez Ricardo Villarreal and Estela Moran Gomez.

Sister Villarreal is a stake public affairs director and former district Young Women president, counselor in a ward Young Women presidency, branch Relief Society president and institute teacher. Born in La Paz, Baha California, Mexico, to Antonio Garza Flores and Aida Lizardi Agramont.

No comments:

Post a Comment